Friday 20 August 2010

Grateful Fred's

It never rains but it pours (literally so, as I type). Hot on the heels of the George Hotel acoustic nights comes news of the wonderfully named Grateful Fred's.  Described as "roots and acoustic nights", it will meet monthly with guest performers; their first three are international, two from America and the third from Australia. With an admission of £5 and meeting at the Freshfield Hotel, which has a great range of real ales, this venture looks very promising - check the website for more details. 

The Freshfield is already known for the open mike nights, at which I've played a couple of times, and a monthly jazz night. It's in Massam's Lane, Formby, L37 7BD.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nev,

    Thank you so much for the kind posting about Grateful Fred's. Please let me know if you can make it and I'll make sure I buy you a pint of what you fancy from the Freshie's extensive range of real ales!! I appreciate your support. Watch out for the link off the Grateful Fred website to your great blog.

    Colin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be busy for the first one, but I do intend to come down. Thanks for the link, and again, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very enterprising - good choices of guest. Every success Fred. May your gratitude be rewarded!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much Clive. If we can even start to be as successful as The Bothy in getting regulars then I'll be chuffed. A "hard act to follow". Thanks for your good wishes.

    Colin

    ReplyDelete

Comments, including disagreements, are welcome.
Abuse and spam are not and will be deleted straight away.
Comment moderation is installed for older posts.