The Zetland Hotel on Zetland Street is a large local in a residential area in Southport, well-known locally for its popular bowling green. It's also a real ale pub and will be holding a Guest Ale Festival
- The Kite Brewery - Bluestone Bitter 4%
- Upham Brewery - Punter 4%
- Adnams - Topaz Gold 4%
- Titanic Brewery - Iceberg 4.1%
- Daniel Thwaites - Lancaster Bomber 4.4%
- Wadworth & Co - Farmer's Glory 4.7%
- Castle Rock - Elsie Mo 4.7%
- Cotleigh Brewery - Osprey 5%
|The Zetland Hotel|
(picture pinched from Marstons website)
And here's a promotional idea I haven't come across before. From the 2 October, they are setting up a Cask Ale Collectors Club on Wednesdays from 8.30pm. Club members must collect 2 stamps (1 stamp per pint of cask ale) in person every Wednesday for a minimum of 46 weeks to qualify for a free trip to the Jennings brewery organised by the pub. In January, April & July, members will receive a free gift if they have accrued enough stamps during the previous 3 months. Members will also be able to vote for their preferred cask ales for the following month.
It's certainly a novel idea; I hope it works.