The celebration will include:
- Traditional Lancashire hotpot.
- A fun Lancashire quiz.
- The Lancashire day proclamation.
- A Lancashire-themed raffle.
- A large luxury hamper of Lancashire goodies, including a selection of Lancashire ales.
- A hamper of Lancashire ales.
- 2 tickets for a Southport football club match.
- 2 tickets for a cricket fixture at Trafalgar Road.
Tickets are £1.00 and will be available on the night, or in advance; just ask behind the bar. It will be drawn on Sunday 27 November at 9.30. All proceeds from the raffle, quiz and food will be donated to the Hillside Christmas decorations fund.
The Grasshopper will be dedicating this Lancashire Day event to two great Lancastrian lasses: Jean Alexander and Victoria Wood.
Opening hours extended: the Grasshopper has just been given permission to open longer by Sefton Council. It now opens at 5.00 pm Monday to Friday and 2.00 pm at weekends, and closes at 10.30 pm on Friday and Saturday and 10.0 pm other nights.
The Grasshopper is at 70 Sandon Road, just off Waterloo Road, in Hillside, Southport. There is plenty of free street parking, the 47 bus passes just yards away, and it's a five minute walk to Hillside Station.