Tuesday 26 May 2009

Bank Holiday Monday

You've got to go out for a drink on a Bank Holiday, so I went to the Guest House. It tells us a lot about the times we're in that it was not heaving as it would have been in the past ~ yet another consequence of the out and out failures of the "free" market system. However, looking around the nine real ales that were on, I saw Prospect Gold Rush, a beer I hadn't had before. It is a 4.5% light beer with a hoppy finish that I found just so drinkable that I didn't bother with anything else. Yet another fine beer from Prospect Brewery, which is in Standish near Wigan. The Wigan area is increasingly the place for fine micro brewers, worth keeping an eye out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, including disagreements, are welcome.
Abuse and spam are not and will be deleted straight away.
Comment moderation is installed for older posts.