Thursday 28 May 2009

Falstaff & other pub news

I went to the Falstaff last night as there was a CAMRA committee meeting there; I'm not on the committee, but they are open to all members. However, my first sight was a group of women for a night out from my old workplace. It was nice to say hello and have a quick chat.

The beers were Deuchars IPA, George Wright Mild and George Wright Cheeky Pheasant. I went for the Cheeky Pheasant, a 4.7% premium ale which for me has a good balance between the malt taste and the hoppy bitterness. I enjoyed this so much, that (as I usually do with a beer I particularly like), I stayed on it all evening. Other drinkers confirmed that the other cask beers were in good condition too.

I picked up the following bits of pub news at the meeting:

= The Oast House, 12-14 Stanley Street, is serving real ale again, probably Theakston's.
= Leo's Bar, 46-50 Nevill Street, is also serving real ale again, Black Sheep.
= The Eureka, 78 Halsall Lane, Ormskirk, is serving beers at £2 per pint on Wednesdays.
= The Heaton's Bridge, 2 Heaton Bridge Rd, Scarisbrick, is serving 2 guest beers: Black Sheep's Golden Sheep, and Boddington's cask.

The last two are long-established real ale outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, including disagreements, are welcome.
Abuse and spam are not and will be deleted straight away.
Comment moderation is installed for older posts.