Sunday 11 July 2010

At home ...

I'm not at the Bothy tonight because my ear infection, which I thought had been cleared up by antibiotics, has flared up again. Third time this year. Not only is it sometimes painful, but I can't hear myself sing properly; it sounds horrible to me, like listening to music in the bath with your head under the water. Now it's possible, of course, that I'm simply experiencing what my audiences have had to put up with for years.

While I'm on about the Bothy, the end of season guest next Sunday is Anthony John Clarke, a singer-songwriter who lists his favourite songwriters as: Al Stewart, John Martyn, Joni Mitchell, David Bowie, John Prine, Conor Clarke and Ray Davies. 8pm, Sunday 18th, in the Park Golf Club, Park Road West, Southport. Real ale from Thwaites.

4 comments:

  1. Clive Pownceby12 July 2010 at 15:53

    Get well soon RedNev. The world is missing you. It's not like you to be under the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Clive. I'm on another course of antibiotics. I've had more in the last 3 months than in the previous decade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do post more please. I'm fretting at the thought of you not doing this as often. You were the first person I turned to to find out what happened at the Waterloo Beer Festival when I discovered that local yokel Mr Clive '4' Pownceby didn't have his own scribbly page on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clive 'dry Martini' Pownceby19 July 2010 at 13:18

    Why am I Clive '4' Pownceby? Should I be flattered? As for 'yokel' there is no straw in my mouth and I've never said "ooh, arr." I didn't go the Waterloo Festival either. Clarify please!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, including disagreements, are welcome.
Abuse and spam are not and will be deleted straight away.
Comment moderation is installed for older posts.