Friday 14 January 2011

Meet the brewer ~ George Wright

Our singaround last evening in the Lion in Liverpool went very well: six male singers and musicians turned up and Green Blade, a singing group of three women. The music varied from traditional songs and tunes to Chuck Berry, and for once I was not the one singing the rock & roll.  The next singaround is on the 10th February.

The beers were good too. I had Peerless Red Rockin' Robin (5%), a seasonal beer with a deep red colour, malt flavours, a hint of port and a spicy finish. After it ran out, I went on to Leeds Midnight Bell (4.8%), a dark beer with the full dark malt flavours you'd expect, but not overpowering. Probably the best seasonal drinks I've had this winter.

While I was there, the licensee Sean told me that the Lion will be holding a Meet The Brewer night on Thursday 20th. Keith Wright from the excellent George Wright brewery of Rainford will be there to talk about his brewery and beers. It should be interesting, and I'd like to be there but I can't as I'm going to the rock & roll panto in the Liverpool Everyman Theatre. I was hoping to go to the winter ales festival in Manchester that day too ~ triple booked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, including disagreements, are welcome.
Abuse and spam are not and will be deleted straight away.
Comment moderation is installed for older posts.