Sunday 20 December 2015

Bad Reputation II

Last night I went to the Mount Pleasant in Southport, my nearest pub, to see Fag Ash Lil, an excellent local band playing what is now called classic rock, such as Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Joe Cocker, Black Sabbath, Cream and Fleetwood Mac. It was a great gig, and towards the end I gave the sign of the horns (a hangover from my heavy metal days).

One of the two female singers noticed and said that it was good to see me in the audience, "but I wouldn't recognise Nev without a pint in his hand!"

Cheeky!

But they did perform a really good and extremely energetic version of this song:

2 comments:

  1. Didn’t know you were a “Metaller”, Nev. Thanks for posting the vintage Black Sabbath clip – it brought back a few memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul: I've seen some of the classic hard rock bands, such as Thin Lizzy, Whitesnake, Rainbow, Deep Purple, Paige and Plant, The Scorpions, Heart, UFO, The Michael Schenker Group, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne (solo), Dio, Def Leppard, The Quireboys, Van Halen, Status Quo, and Joe Satriani. There's probably a couple of others that have slipped my mind.

    I used to like wearing my Thin Lizzy or Black Sabbath badges to the folk club.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, including disagreements, are welcome.
Abuse and spam are not and will be deleted straight away.
Comment moderation is installed for older posts.